As the youngest of 7 children who have each achieved significant success as leaders in arts, culture, family, finance, law and business, and growing up on Paradise Road in Westdale, Lewis is a St. Mary’s High School Grad, a life-long Hamiltonian, with incredibly strong roots in the Ward One Community.
Lewis has held leadership positions with many organizations in Hamilton, achieving success in business as well as a community volunteer and social advocate.
Married to wife Elise and with 2 adult children, Lewis simply loves living in Ward One and is passionate about the City of Hamilton.
Lewis believes that his innate leadership skills, strong yet friendly personal nature, and passion for his community, puts him in the right position to represent the diverse and unique populace of Ward One.
Lewis currently owns a business that works at senior levels with (or volunteers with) local businesses, not for profit organizations, and sports associations including:
- Founding Chair of The Hamilton Sports Hall of Fame
- The VanKleef Group of Transportation Companies and Vetco Holdings
- President of the Ancaster Avalanche Jr. Hockey Club
- Executive Board or Executive Committee Member with:
- The Hamilton Urban Core Community Health Centre
- The Dave Andreychuk Foundation
- The CYO Children’s Fundraising Dinner
- The B’nai Brith Sports Celebrity Dinner
- The Hamilton Huskies Minor Hockey Association
- The Wesley Urban Ministries
- Past Executive of the Hamilton Bulldogs Hockey Club (awarded American Hockey League Executive of the Year Award in 2005), HECFI, and McMaster University Athletics & Recreation